We love making our guests happy here at the inn and you’re an important part of the Holden House family. Your enjoyment and safety are of the utmost importance. Recently, all of us received a surprising development across the nation with COVID-19, otherwise known as the Coronavirus. So, we wanted to take time to provide information to you on our clean B&B environment. As a AAA Diamond “Inspected” property, we continue to receive excellent housekeeping ratings, including our award for “Housekeeping Excellence”.
Here at Holden House 1902 Bed & Breakfast Inn, our innkeeping staff has over 150+ years of combined experience in the hospitality, restaurant and medical fields with an average on-the-job training knowledge of 25+ years each. Our inn first opened its doors in 1986 and is still under the same ownership today of Welling and Sallie Clark, ensuring staying power and meticulous attention to detail. Here are just some of the ways in which we are continuing our commitment to provide a clean and safe stay, especially during the current public health situation.
Our guest reviews, including TripAdvisor, Google, Yelp and other sites use words such as, “cleanest I’ve ever seen”, “clean and modern”, “comfortable, clean and spacious” and more.
“Our innkeepers pride themselves on upholding high standards and we are appreciative of the amazing work they do every day. The health and safety of you and our staff are paramount. “
Here are some steps we are taking to go above and beyond:
- Providing individual hand towelettes with your individually prepared and served full gourmet breakfast (not buffet-style) each morning. An optional breakfast ensuite is available for an additional $15/day if you prefer to enjoy your breakfast meal in the privacy of your guest suite. We are not a restaurant and only serve inn guests each morning which limits our occupancy and our breakfast table to guests only. Only steps away from the dining room, there is a convenient restroom with a handwashing sink, soap and paper towels.
- Each of our guest suites feature a refrigerator and some of our suites have the availability of a kitchenette and microwave if you’d rather bring your own snacks and food.
- While we have amazing small and unique local restaurants and shops nearby in Downtown Colorado Springs, and historic Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs our innkeepers are happy to assist you in selecting dine-in dinner delivery options and Holden House will provide you with utensils, plates and napkins if you’d prefer to “stay-inn” rather than venture out to dinner.
- We are an adult-only establishment and have a limited amount of guests (maximum 12). In addition, each of our side-by-side Victorian buildings accommodate 4 persons maximum (2 couples/house).
- We thoroughly clean and sanitize daily with CDC approved products in guest suites, private baths, kitchen/food preparation, and guest areas. This includes surfaces, linens and furnishings.
- Our bottomless cookie jar is taking a temporary vacation and in its place, you’ll receive a bottomless cookie plate in your guest suite upon arrival. Just “ask for more” and we’ll gladly refill the plate for you!
- Our evening wine and beverage social will continue with a few modifications. Instead of a snack buffet, guests will be provided an individual plate of snacks upon request.
- Triple-sheet bed linens to assure clean and sanitized linens.
- Our innkeepers will give you plenty of personal space during your stay while being available for our individualized hospitality assistance.
- As always, our beautiful suites with private attached baths will be sparkling clean with bath amenities for you to enjoy and our innkeepers take extra care to sanitize daily, during your stay and in preparation for each new guest check-in.
The Pikes Peak area has a plethora of beautiful open spaces where you can enjoy the outdoors and we look forward to seeing you soon. Check out www.visitcos.com and www.manitousprings.org and www.pikes-peak.com for more information. Reserve now at www.HoldenHouse.com