UPDATED March 10, 2021*
In 2020, Colorado’s Governor implemented a mandatory face mask order for all public indoor spaces. At this time, it is still in effect.
Here at Holden House, you will be asked to wear a cloth face mask while enjoying our “indoor” common areas and hallways, except during breakfast or afternoon beverage service or when eating and drinking. You are not required to wear masks in your rooms or while outside on our lovely verandah or secluded back garden, but we do request at least 6 ft. social distancing with non-related travel inn guests. Our experienced and friendly innkeeping staff will be wearing face masks during your stay and will be smiling beneath our masks. If you forget to bring your own mask (or cloth face covering) of your own, we have masks available. Just ask us! Thank you for helping us to keep everyone safe and healthy.
We love making our guests happy here at the inn and you’re an important part of the Holden House family. Your enjoyment and safety are of the utmost importance. With recent concerns regarding COVID-19, we wanted to take time to provide information to you on our clean B&B environment. As a AAA Diamond “Inspected” property, we continue to receive excellent housekeeping ratings, including our award for “Housekeeping Excellence”.
Here at Holden House 1902 Bed & Breakfast Inn, our innkeeping staff has over 150+ years of combined experience in the hospitality, restaurant and medical fields with an average on-the-job training knowledge of 25+ years each. Our inn first opened its doors in 1986 and is still under the same ownership today of Sallie & Welling Clark, ensuring staying power and meticulous attention to detail. Here are just some of the ways in which we are continuing our commitment to provide a clean and safe stay, especially during the current public health situation.
Our guest reviews, including TripAdvisor, Google, Yelp and other sites use words such as, “cleanest I’ve ever seen”, “clean and modern”, “comfortable, clean and spacious” and more. One of our most recent guests in November stated on TripAdvisor, “Due to Covid 19, they adhered to health and cleaning protocols. We were very comfortable and felt safe during our 3 night stay!”
“Our innkeepers pride themselves on upholding high standards and we are appreciative of the amazing work they do every day. The health and safety of you and our staff are paramount. ”
– Sallie & Welling Clark, Innkeeper-Owners
CHECK OUT OUR SPECIALS PAGE FOR THE LATEST INFO!
NOTE THAT MANY BUSINESSES ARE REQUIRING ADVANCE RESERVATIONS – (Pikes Peak Highway, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, etc.) Please let us know if you need additional information for making reservations/ticket purchases ahead of time and our innkeepers will provide the most up-to-date personal suggestions.
RESTAURANTS – Currently, many restaurants are open for indoor dining with limited capacity, so reservations for fine dining options are highly recommended to ensure seating availability. Guidelines for inside dining are changing frequently, so feel free to ask us when you make a reservation and on arrival regarding the current status. While Holden House provides breakfast to get your day started, we do not offer lunch or dinner. Many of our quality local eateries are adapting additionally with heated outdoor options, take out and delivery availability. At Holden House, we have many areas to enjoy your take out and delivery in one of our common areas or in the privacy of your room. We’ll be happy to provide plates, napkins and utensils to ensure your experience is a pleasant one. Check out the Colorado Springs Visitor’s Bureau Restaurant Update page.
*As of February, 2021, restaurants are re-opening to limited indoor dining capacity. Advance reservations are suggested to assure you can be accommodated and we can assist you with personal recommendations.
Per State Law, all local businesses are requiring customers to wear cloth face coverings when entering and towns are asking for visitors to wear masks in shopping areas if social distancing is not possible. If you forget to bring a face mask, we have cloth masks for just $1 available for purchase when you arrive. Our innkeepers will be wearing cloth masks during your stay and you can be assured there is a friendly smile beneath the mask. Our efforts are designed to keep guests and our staff healthy and happy! Thank you for selecting Holden House.
Here are some steps we are taking to go above and beyond:
- Providing individual hand towelettes with your individually prepared and served full gourmet breakfast (not buffet-style) each morning at 8 or 9 a.m. An optional breakfast ensuite is available for an additional fee/day if you prefer to enjoy your breakfast meal in the privacy of your guest suite. We are not a restaurant and only serve inn guests each morning which limits our occupancy and our breakfast table to guests only and will provide appropriate social distancing. Only steps away from the dining room, there is a convenient restroom with a handwashing sink, soap and paper towels.
- Each of our guest suites feature a refrigerator and some of our suites have the availability of a kitchenette and microwave if you’d rather bring your own snacks and food.
- We have many amazing small and unique local restaurants and shops nearby that are open (with social distancing, face mask requirements and limited capacity) in Downtown Colorado Springs, historic Old Colorado City and quaint Manitou Springs. For delivery and take-out options, Holden House will provide you with utensils, plates and napkins if you’d prefer to “stay-inn” rather than venture out to dinner. Our innkeepers are always happy to assist you in selecting dinner options and provide our guests with the latest up-to-date availability.
- We are an adult-only establishment and have a limited amount of guests (maximum 12). In addition, each of our side-by-side Victorian buildings accommodate 4 persons maximum (2 couples/house).
- We thoroughly clean and sanitize daily with CDC approved products in guest suites, private baths, kitchen/food preparation, and guest areas. This includes surfaces, linens and furnishings.
- Our bottomless cookie jar is taking a temporary vacation and in its place, you’ll receive a welcome cookie plate in your guest suite upon arrival. Just “ask for more” and we’ll gladly refill the plate for you!
- Our evening wine and beverage social will continue with a few modifications. Instead of a snack buffet, guests will be provided an individual plate of snacks and beverage upon request.
- Triple-sheet bed linen covers with bed scarf assure clean and sanitized linens and provide us with green housekeeping measures that promote energy and resource efficiencies.
- Our evening turn-down service has been suspended to minimize staff interaction in guest suites.
- Our innkeepers will give you plenty of personal space during your stay while being available for our individualized hospitality assistance. And know that our innkeepers are friendly and smiling behind their masks while we adhere to state guidelines as we interact and personally check you into your suite. If you forget to bring your own mask and feel you need one, we have basic fabric masks available for purchase for just $1 each.
- As always, our beautiful suites with private attached baths will be sparkling clean with bath amenities for you to enjoy and our innkeepers take extra care to sanitize daily, during your stay and in preparation for each new guest check-in. If you would rather forgo our daily housekeeping service, please let us know when you arrive. Should you need fresh towels or other amenities during your stay, we will be happy to provide upon request.
The Pikes Peak area has a plethora of beautiful open spaces where you can enjoy the outdoors and we look forward to seeing you soon. Check out www.visitcos.com and www.manitousprings.org and www.pikes-peak.com for more information. Reserve now at www.HoldenHouse.com