Red Velvet Crepes with Raspberry and Sweetened Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup water
- Pinch salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash of vanilla extract
- Red food color
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ Tablespoon cocoa powder
- Extra butter to cook with
- Raspberry Preserves
- Sweet Cream Cheese Filling
- Nutella (or chocolate)
Sweet Cream Cheese Filling
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon rum (optional
- Prepare Crepe batter. Combine the 2 whole eggs, 1 egg yolk, milk, water, salt, sugar, vanilla, melted butter and food coloring (to desired color) in a blender and pulse until foamy.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and pulse until smooth. Let the batter sit for 1 hour.
- While crepe batter is resting, prepare the Sweet Cream Cheese Filling by mixing together all ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth, set aside.
- After the batter has rested for 1 hour, heat a small non-stick pan. Add just enough butter that when melted it coats the bottom of the pan. Pour 1 ounce (1/8 cup) of batter into the center of the pan and quickly swirl to spread the batter evenly across the entire bottom of the pan. Cook until the top loses its gloss (less than a minute).
- Flip crepe and cook the other side for an additional 15 seconds. Slide crepe out of pan and onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Prepare Crepes by spreading a one-inch wide strip of raspberry preserves down the center of the crepe, then top with the cream cheese filling. You can either spoon it on, or pipe using a plastic bag that has had the corner cut off.
- Fold each side of the crepe over the filling and plate.
- Melt Nutella in microwave for about 30 seconds and drizzle over the crepe.
More Recipes like this at www.TidyMom.net